Forkboy's Orhtophoto Scenery with Flytampa's KLAS

Scarebus495

Forkboy's Orhtophoto Scenery with Flytampa's KLAS

Post by Scarebus495 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:30 pm

Hello, I have purchased this scenery from store x-plan org today and have run into a significant issue. The mesh built into this scenery does not play nicely with the mesh from forkboy's orhtophoto mesh and causes terminals and parts of the airport to be in the air. I have tried using the "Flytampa_LasVegas_3_Mesh_o4xp_USA2.7z" file to fix this issue only to find out that the ENTIRE tile must be in ZL-17. I then generate a tile in orhto4xp using the USA2 source and and ZL-17. I then use those texture files into the las vegas mesh o4xp file and it works... But the tile is horribly colored and would require many hours color correcting the ENTIRE tile just to use this airport. Is there any workaround other than disabling my orthophotos or by just dealing with the horribly color coded tile? Forkboy uses that source, but color corrected it. The only issue is that Forkboy uses ZL-16 through ZL-18 in the tile. I nor anyone should have to make compromises when spending 32$ on scenery, especially when every other designer I've bought scenery from does not have this issue.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Forkboy's Orhtophoto Scenery with Flytampa's KLAS

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:31 am

We will put this update up on the product's page shortly-sorry for the delay
mattdes

Post by mattdes » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:31 pm

any update on this? I am also in need of a fix. TIA
Alkor86

Post by Alkor86 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:58 am

emilios[flytampa] wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:31 am
We will put this update up on the product's page shortly-sorry for the delay
Which update does this refer to? Is there a new patch for compatibility with Forkboy Nevada? I recently purchased the scenery and I've used the included separate ortho mesh with textures from a fresh USA2 tile, but it does not blend well at all with the surrounding Forkboy ortho for CA, NV, and AZ which is NAIP sourced, mixed ZL, and color corrected.

I've spent hours trying to color match the USA2 ortho textures but I can't quite get it to look right and blend with the adjacent tiles. If there's any way of getting flytampa mesh to work with forkboy ortho this would end up being my absolute favorite XP11 scenery. I would be glad to help get this working in any way possible. Does the mixed zoom levels of the forkboy ortho make this impossible?
wyskass

Post by wyskass » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi, I am also having this problem. I don't understand how to use the tool, and since I also using pre made Forkboy scenery, don't have those specified directories. I also tried to copy textures, but don't know which ones.
I paid for scenery so I didn't have to go through all this. No other paid or free airport add on has this problem and didn't expect it.
Airport looks good, but I don't want default textures all around.

I'd even take the mis colored tile, but don't know how to do that.
Can someone share those tiles, and let me know how to install them?
wyskass

Post by wyskass » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Alkor86 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:58 am
Which update does this refer to? Is there a new patch for compatibility with Forkboy Nevada? I recently purchased the scenery and I've used the included separate ortho mesh with textures from a fresh USA2 tile, but it does not blend well at all with the surrounding Forkboy ortho for CA, NV, and AZ which is NAIP sourced, mixed ZL, and color corrected.

I've spent hours trying to color match the USA2 ortho textures but I can't quite get it to look right and blend with the adjacent tiles. If there's any way of getting flytampa mesh to work with forkboy ortho this would end up being my absolute favorite XP11 scenery. I would be glad to help get this working in any way possible. Does the mixed zoom levels of the forkboy ortho make this impossible?
Hi, is there a way you can send me the miscolored tiles, or how to generate those?
wyskass

Post by wyskass » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Scarebus495 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:30 pm
Hello, I have purchased this scenery from store x-plan org today and have run into a significant issue. The mesh built into this scenery does not play nicely with the mesh from forkboy's orhtophoto mesh and causes terminals and parts of the airport to be in the air. I have tried using the "Flytampa_LasVegas_3_Mesh_o4xp_USA2.7z" file to fix this issue only to find out that the ENTIRE tile must be in ZL-17. I then generate a tile in orhto4xp using the USA2 source and and ZL-17. I then use those texture files into the las vegas mesh o4xp file and it works... But the tile is horribly colored and would require many hours color correcting the ENTIRE tile just to use this airport. Is there any workaround other than disabling my orthophotos or by just dealing with the horribly color coded tile? Forkboy uses that source, but color corrected it. The only issue is that Forkboy uses ZL-16 through ZL-18 in the tile. I nor anyone should have to make compromises when spending 32$ on scenery, especially when every other designer I've bought scenery from does not have this issue.
Can you send me those miscolored tiles, or how to generate those?