KLAS MSFS Parking Mapping

downscc

KLAS MSFS Parking Mapping

Post by downscc » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:18 pm

MSFS had a drop down list of start locations and parking positions. However, no where have I found a mapping of parking position so it is basically a random draw. For example, parking at the Signature FBO ramp I guessed a SW Parking position and was rewarded by placement on that ramp but had no idea where on that ramp I'd find myself. This is not an issue for Gate assignments, but GA and military parking places are guesswork. In FSX/P3D, I'd simply open your AFCAD file with ADE to see a map of the parking but in MSFS there is no AFCAD bgl file (to my knowledge). Would you please publish an airport diagram that shows all parking in addition to the gate locations found on Jepps. This could simply be a pdf downloaded from your website or even a page on your website. Anything would help. Thank you.
emilios[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: KLAS MSFS Parking Mapping

Post by emilios[flytampa] » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:17 am

Good point. The MSFS folder structure needs to be a bit more stripped down compared to P3D, so there is no manual or PDF, but if you already own the P3D version, then the parking positions should match. You should be able to use the same AFCAD for navigation/parking spots. I think that the world map view (when selecting a flight) on MSFS also shows the parking positions
klas_airportmap.PNG
klas_airportmap.PNG (619.05 KiB) Viewed 215 times