Need help ...Trying to uninstall FlyTampa ksan from FSX

fallbrookw

Need help ...Trying to uninstall FlyTampa ksan from FSX

Post by fallbrookw » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:20 pm

I love FlyTampa scenery. So when I moved to FSX/acceleration/sp2, I couldn't wait so I bought the latest version. Ignoring the low brain warning light that was flashing I showed the installer where FSX was and let the auto installer do it's thing.

I thought initially everything went fine until I booted up at Linberg field. All the trees have black boxes around them and are too large. taxiways are dirt with holes. Otherwise I'd keep it installed.

I'm worried the installer overrode the original ksan. I can't find the FlyTampa ksan file anywhere.

As much as I hate to I'm going to have to uninstall it, If any of you would be good enough to help me I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks
Larry
paavo

Post by paavo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Remove the entry from the scenery library.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Scenery Addons never "overwrite" default airports or other scenery. Our KSAN is usually installed in FS/Addon Scenery/. After removing the entry from the scenery database (within FS settings) you may also remove the SanDiego folder in the location mentioned above.
fallbrookw

Tried that

Post by fallbrookw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:02 pm

That is my problem guys. It's not in any of these locations. No files of any kind. I did find two blg's together but that's all. Now when I boot FSX I get this error
"Scenery. config not found file error Scenery/gobal/scenery in scenery area . 113 not found "

I thought to restore this file I would simply reinstall FSX. I did and now FSX won't boot at all.

Larry
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 pm

In your windows start menu click the Search function:

Search your drive C: for files called "scenery.cfg"

at least 2 should appear in the search results. Right click those and select "Open With", then pick Notepad. If Notepad is not in the list browse for it in C:\windows\

Once you have the scenery.cfg loaded in Notepad search within the text for the section containing Area=113 and delete that section... like this:

[Area.113]
Title=something
Local=C:\games\Fs9\Addon Scenery\something\
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=113

If you think KSAN files are still installed somewhere, search for them also using Windows' search. Files to search for:

i5.bgl
bstr.bgl

If these are found, check the location/folder, possibly KSAN got installed there.