Ground textures flickering with 747

Kevin

Ground textures flickering with 747

Post by Kevin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 pm

It would appear as though the ground textures flicker when I am flying the 747. It appears to be a height related issue, as I have tested this with several aircraft, including several 747s. Allow me to show you. First test was with the Project Opensky ERJ-145. As you can see, it works fine.

Next was the Project Opensky Boeing 737-800. Works fine.

Getting a little bit higher off the ground with the QualityWings Boeing 757-200.

A little higher with the Project Opensky Boeing 777-300ER.

Higher up in the PMDG Boeing 747-400. As you can see, runway texture starts disappearing on the left side of the glareshield.

Project Opensky Boeing 747-400 was worse.

Any ideas? This problem also occurs in Miami. Strangely enough, I didn't have this issue with San Francisco or any other FlyTampa airport scenery that I own.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Ground textures flickering with 747

Post by martin[flytampa] » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:42 am

Sorry the late reply. I have no specific idea, but it seems to me an elevation problem. Since it also occurs at MIA you should check if you have any other Afcad files for these airports or other Addons that modify something in the regions, or globally.
Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:15 am

I don't see any, as I don't have other AFCADs for either airport other than default, which I would think would be overridden by the scenery, and I don't have any other scenery in the area. Miami is worse because I have this happening with the 777s as well.

Only scenery that I have near there is FS Dreamteam Los Angeles and some scenery for Palm Beach, but I would think those only affect those airports and both are a good distance away from the airports in question.
SpeedbirdATC

Post by SpeedbirdATC » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 pm

I need that panel for FSX :D