KSFO Crashes FS9

jun_san

KSFO Crashes FS9

Post by jun_san » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi I have a problem. KSFO works fine for me in general, however if I am there or in the vicinity and try to load the world map either straight or through the real weather application, FS9 just freezes. Everything works fine everywhere else but I only get this problem when I am at or near KSFO. Can anyone help?

Other than that keep up the good work.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:35 pm

I just tried map view at KSFO to check, no issues here.

I know that in this view FS loads a whole bunch of data from several files. To make sure our KSFO scenery isn't at fault, deactivate it temporarely in the FS scenery library, restart FS and check the view again to see if it still crashes.
jun_san

Post by jun_san » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:01 pm

Okay I did what you said and it froze again. The only othe addon scenery I have in that area is Bill Melchiar's KLAX scenery. Or do you think it is just the mass of information loading?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:51 pm

It will be very hard to find out what specific addon/files causes this. One way to find out is to deactivate all your addon scenery entries in the FS library and reactivate them one by one loading each time to look if it still crashes.
jun_san

Post by jun_san » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:57 am

I will try that approach and get back to you. I would be glad to find out that it isn't KSFO.
jun_san

Post by jun_san » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:07 pm

I unchecked every single addon scenery that I have installed to FS and when I go to the San Francisco area in general it still freezes. Therefore I think my next step is to reinstall FS and see if it freezes then. If it doesnt I will install KSFO first then see if the problem is solved.
windshear

Post by windshear » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:28 pm

You could be missing some textures... FS9 dies if there are terrain textures missing, or if there aer any faulty textures. I had a crash in YSSY (Sydney) that I resolved by the discovery that an AI plane using Virgin Pacific Blue textures had a flaw in it, how absurd it might sound, that would crash my FS9, even at night!!

Boaz.
shoestrings1229

Re: KSFO Crashes FS9

Post by shoestrings1229 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:00 pm

jun_san, did you ever find a fix to this problem because im havin the same issue...